Creating accessible EPUB and Kindle from InDesign
We have comprehensively updated and expanded our Accessible ebooks from InDesign training. The course now runs for two days. It covers all aspects of creating accessible ebooks from Adobe InDesign as well as essential post-production techniques for editing and testing ebooks for accessibility.
Day one covers everything you need to know to create clean, standards-compliant, semantically rich HTML for export from InDesign to EPUB. Day two covers essential EPUB editing, further semantic enhancement, validation, automated testing, and testing with screen readers and other assistive technologies.
As with all our courses, we provide printed and bound manuals covering every detail of the course content. Core topic include:
- Overview of standards
- Document structure, navigation and reading order
- Handling images correctly and writing effective text alternatives
- Colour blindness and colour contrast
- Using InDesign to produce clean, effective HTML5 and CSS
- Ensuring bug-free rendering across devices and platforms
- Leveraging the EPUB structural semantics vocabulary
- Editing with oXygen, Dreamweaver or Sigil
- Accessibility metadata
- Automated testing
- Testing with assistive technologies
Customise your training
All of our courses can be tailored to meet organisations’ and individuals’ specific needs. Call us for more details, or to discuss your specific requirements.